U Design a SnowFlake
Materials: paper, pencil
This activity is best between and older grade and a younger grade. The benefits of a buddy system are twofold the older children learn to take on responsibility, while the younger children know that they have a fellow student they can confidently turn to for support.
Buddy systems help to promote friendship and support between older and younger peers through regular collaboration between their classes, creating a sense of whole-school community. They also create friendships that enable both older and younger buddies to bond more closely with their school, increasing the likelihood of more positive school behaviour for all students.
Problem: How do we teach a younger grade to create a 3D object in tinkercad?
1. Its best to be prepared and ready for when you meet your buddy so there are a number of steps you will need to do!
2. Make sure you have a 20 x 20 grid paper for your buddy
3. Follow the video below to build your snowflake
1. Get your buddy to draw out multiple designs on the grid paper, below are some examples
2. Get into Tinkercad and get them building!
1. 3D print their design and hang them on a school christmas tree!